Did you know falls are the leading cause of injury among older adults? As the population ages, the number of older Americans who die following a fall is rising. There are various factors that make the elderly vulnerable to falls, such as the medications they are taking, poor eye sight, bad footwear, and when they are too proud to use walkers and canes. Many health conditions and diseases make falls more likely.
Using simple fall prevention products around the home can help prevent falls and serious injury. For example, elderly fall prevention devices include:
- Raised Toilet Seat With Arms helps prevents falls and slips off the toilet
- Shower mats and Grab bars prevent falls in the showers
- Wearing double sided slipper socks with nonslip tread grips prevents slips on wooden floors
- A sturdy plastic seat for the shower or tub — plus a hand-held shower nozzle for bathing while sitting down
- Bed Rails prevent accidental roll outs from the bed.